This process permits foreign nationals to become British Citizens whether it is through birth, marriage or long periods of residence. Applicants must meet the following general criteria in order to qualify for naturalisation:
- Be of good character;
- At least 18 years old;
- Be of sound mind;
- Have sufficient knowledge of the English language (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic);
- Intend to live in the United Kingdom (with the exception of applications made on the basis of marriage to a British citizen);
APPLICATIONS FOR NATURALISATION ON THE BASIS OF RESIDENCY:
In order to qualify for naturalisation on the basis of residency applicants must have lived in the United Kingdom for at least the last five years. The following additional criteria will apply:
- During the five-year period, applicants must not have been outside of the United Kingdom for more than 450 days, and within the last 12 months of the five-year period must not have been outside of the United Kingdom for more than 90 days. Additionally, applicants must have been in the UK at the beginning of the five-year period.
- In the last 12 months of the five-year period the applicant must not have been subject to any time limit under immigration law.
- Applicants must not have been in the United Kingdom in breach of immigration laws at any time in the five-year period.
APPLCIATIONS FOR NATURALISATION ON THE BASIS OF MARRIAGE:
We can also assist you in a Naturalisation application if you are a foreign national married to a British Citizen. You must have resided in the UK for the last 3 years and during those 3 years you must not have been out of the UK for a period of 270 days and 90 days in the last 12 months
Please fill out this enquiry form in order for us to assist you further. Alternatively, please contact us on 020 7706 8745 or email us at email@example.com.